Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Hello all!
It has been over a month since I have sat down to type. Truthfully it has been a month since I have sat down!...well that is what it feels like. It has been a crazy holiday, although I believe every holiday has a bit of craziness to it! Everything really started about the week before that is where I will begin.
I'm sad to say that I have left my camera at my mom's so I have no new pictures to post, but as soon as I get it back I will post lots of pics!
December 19th was the day that Caleb and Daphine got married. I was the baker and did the grooms cake and 300 cupcakes! It was a blast...and a mess! The small problem was that I also took on some cookie orders that week also, so needless to say I stretched myself a little thin. But in the end all the cookies got baked, decorated, and delivered...and the wedding cupcakes and the groom guitar cake was there and set in time! Need to say some thank you to my mom and dad, Kyle and Terri, Allison, and Peter. Could not have pulled it all off without you!
Well, the next morning after the wedding we got up early and headed to Brownwood to celebrate Christmas with my family. We had steak, shrimp, potatoes, corn on the cob, salad, and rolls! YUMMY! And then of course dessert, buttermilk pie and pudding delight! It was very good and we were all very full! We opened gifts at some point during the day...I think that it was before the food but now I seem to be forgetting! Peter and I got some gift cards (sonic, Starbucks, Landry's, and to the movies) from my parents and a picture from Jacob and Steph. Jackson got a new wagon from Nonnie and Papa! We really enjoyed getting to spend time with everyone and getting to relax!
The next day Peter and I decided to go ahead and head to San Antonio. Since mom and dad had given us the gift cards it helped free up some money and we got to stay an extra night! So we stayed Monday and Tuesday night at the Durrary! It was very nice and so nice to get to spend some time just the two of us! The first night we went and ate down on the river walk at Landry's, it was of course amazing! Peter had swordfish and I had shrimp wrapped in bacon and crab meat! Super Good! We did a little shopping while we were there! They have a store in the Rim called Home Goods and it is my new favorite! Peter got a new fishing pole and I got a new coat. The second night we just order pizza in and relaxed in the room! It was perfect and the amount of time we were gone was perfect...because I was ready to get back to my boy!
We got back to Brownwood in time for Peter to go hunting and for my to love on Jackson! I got our stuff back organized and when Peter was done we headed to his parents house. We had dinner and visited with his mom and dad and grandparents. Jackson put on his show of all the things that he can do. After I got Jackson down I met Shelby...who I have not seen in 4 years! It was so much fun to talk and catch up with her. We got kicked out of Chilies and then sat in the parking lot and talked till about 1am. Good times! The next morning we woke up to snow! It was snowing in Brownwood and it was beautiful! We had to get the truck packed for Fredricksburg, that is where we had Christmas with Peters family. So packing in the snow was not as much fun as sitting inside and watching it snow. But we got packed and headed to Fredricksburg.
Once we were there the snow had stopped and it was just cold! We had a chili cook off the first was a lot of fun. I made White Bean Chili and then the other two cabins made traditional Chili. It all was very good! The next morning was Christmas, and yes Santa did come visit. Santa brought Jackson a pop up rocket that he can crawl in and out of and a leap frog table that sings and talks. It was lots of fun watching Peter put the things together and to watch Jackson play with his new toys. He also got new toys from Grancie Ann and Grandbob, Grancie and Pop, and Aunt Amy. There are alot, but some are a new bible, silly song play land, and a penguin that rocks topples and sings. That day for Christmas dinner we had steak and potatoes with tamales and hot sauce. It was very good! We had lots of fun while we were there. We played a new game Apples to Apples. We had a campfire one night. And the girls spent one day shopping downtown! Fun Fun!
After we had packed up from Fredricksburg our first plan was to head back home, but Peter had not gotten a dear yet and so we headed back to Brownwood for him to hunt! That was short and sweet because the weather turned bad again and we had to head home. We got back to Belton late Monday night and we were pooped!
We were home a few days and it was very nice. I did a lot of cleaning out, reorganizing, and cleaning the house! Peter calls it, crawling around like a spider...and I drive him crazy! But things are cleaned out, put away, and out of site!
Friday started a whole new adventure because my brother and sister in law were having a wedding. So we had get ready for all the excitement! Friday we headed to Waco to do a little shopping and then to head to the rehearsal and the dinner. After that we headed home and left early the next morning to get ready for the wedding. It all turned out beautiful and I will try to have more details later, but I have to run now!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! And I promise that it won't be a month before I post again!

No comments:

Post a Comment