Monday, June 28, 2010

4 months later!

Well, it has been exactly 4 months since my last post! So much has gone on in those 4 months it's hard to know where to start. I will try to start where we left off. We moved to Breckenridge the weekend of Feb 28th. Like I mentioned before we moved into an rv that peters grandparents allowed us to borrow. Peter and I thought we would be there about a month, enough time to close on a home. We felt sure we would find something right away...well we didn't! A few weeks went by and we finally found a home and started a contract. That was a headache all in itself, you find out real quick who to use and trust and who not too! Finally, at the beginning of May we closed on the home!
April came with new surprises! A baby....yes we are having our second child in December! It was a huge surprise that caused tears of shock and then tears of joy. We are anxious to see what our new blessing will be and will find out July 26th! Being pregnant and having a one year old is an adventure all in itself!
The stay in the rv started to get interesting! Jackson started walking very well in April and was on the move all the time! So keeping him in the rv was beginning to get tricky! Then the fridge started to go out on the rv, which we found out was not cheap to fix! So by the beginning of May I was starting to go a little crazy. I didn't feel well because of the pregnancy, I had a confined one yr old, and it felt like the rv was falling apart....I know this sounds a bit dramatic but I being honest! With that being said the last 2 weeks I ended up at my parents because I just couldn't do it anymore (oh and to add to the list the air conditioner couldn't keep the rv cool because it was so hot outside!) after the 2 weeks it was finally time to move into the house!
Oh man,buying a house is a whole new adventure, or should I say a costly adventure! Before we moved furniture Peter, my dad, and I painted, ripped up carpet, put down flooring, and other odds and ends! Then came the furniture and boxes, which brought with it unpacking and finding a new home for all this stuff! With the help of my parents we got a great start, although I'm still working on getting everything in it's own spot! I love having a home! I love my garage, my backyard, my flower bed, my kitchen, my dishwasher, I just love my house and living in an rv for a long amount of time make you appreciate everything you have!
The rv is parked beside our home and is a daily reminder of how much of a blessing it was in our lives! Without that rv our family would have been apart for 3 months, we probably would not be expecting another blessing, and Peter would have missed so much of jacksons changes. We are truly greatful for the rv, even though it was luxury for 3 months. It really put things in perspective for me. I really can live without alot of things that I have and also just how God takes care of you and provides even if it's not exactly what or how you would have chosen. I'm so thankful for the time in the rv and what it has taught me and how it has made me more of who I am! Well, I know there's more to tell but I have to jump up and go fix dinner. We are having chicken tetrazzini with veggies and fruit. I'm starving!

No comments:

Post a Comment